Varicose Veins - A pain in the ....legs!
When the pain is not located directly in the arse...
I had a bulging varicose vein since I was 17 years old, but it was there and did not annoy me, but once in a while from aesthetic reasons. Then, I got pregnant with my first baby and a lot more bulging veins appeared on my leg (the left one). I worried and began searching what could I do to prevent the appearance of new once and maybe the improvement of the existing ones. I started wearing compression stockings. they helped some how, but they were very warm in the summer (I lived in Florida at that time) and they weren't that good looking anyways - I started with the compression stockings found at the pharmacy stores and that come in white color. Then as soon as I found a moment I would raise my leg above the heart level. It worked fine, my protruding veins attenuated and I felt better about myself. After one year I got pregnant with my second baby and this is the starting point of a flourishing of my legs, despite the fact that I had compression stockings for the most part of my pregnancy and that I have gained less weight that with my previous pregnancy. It is then that I realized my problem was a genetic one, my uncles have pretty ugly varicose veins. Because my legs started hurting I have done an ultrasound that has diagnosed a venous reflux (I was afraid of an embolism during my pregnancy!) and prescribed a better supportive leggings. Despite that, two large sport of spider veins developed in two areas of my left leg (blue-purple in color, it is like a big bruise) and two other veins swallowed. i developed a chronic itch from the stockings and every night I would wake up from scratching my legs so much. I suspect the bruises on my legs came from that scratching. Anyways, I have lost my pregnancy weight, even more and get rid of the stockings until I have recently noticed that my veins are worse than ever. I read a lot about how to get rid of them, I know some practical advise that helps, but does not improve anything that you can find everywhere on the internet, but I do not know the magic recipe that one had tried and was successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment